Thursday, February 14, 2013

Have you ever?






Quiet some time before...

Cousin and I were sitting lazily in one of the local coffee shops in town. Facing each other while intently delving and scrutinizing the cupcakes and brews that we have ordered.  I was about to open another chapter of the book that was given to me as a birthday present when he suddenly piqued some interest.

"Have you ever received a flower? From someone who has no consanguinity, of course."

I fell silent... I recalled... then I answered. "None.  Maybe not in this lifetime."

Cousin smiled and took sip of the coffee.  I shut the book and took hold of the cupcake.

"So what's this all about?" I queried.

"Nothing, it's just that I found a white rose on my desk last time in the office." He answered. "Wait for your turn, your lifetime isn't over yet."

I just nodded and munched on the cake.


---

And I guess cousin is right. My lifetime isn't over yet so it's too early to tell.  Someone did gave a flower- red roses and not just one, alot! Though I couldn't really recall if it was half a dozen or more.

It was part of the birthday present but it was my first. And I'll always cherish it. Thank you, you know who you are (although I am not really sure if you can read this as you are crazily busy during these times). Still, Thank you



1 comment: