Monday, July 23, 2012

Haunting Nostalgia


But we carry on our backs the burden time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning
In the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything, I've held so dear

I've fallen
I have sunk so low
I've messed up better
I should know
So don't come 'round here
And tell me I told you so

Heaven bent to take my hand
I have nowhere left to turn
I've lost to those I thought were friends
To everyone I know

Oh, they turned their heads embarrassed
Pretend that they don't see
But it's one missed step, you'll slip before you know it
And there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed

***

I was sifting through some files on my computer (read as: reorganizing) when I managed to stumble into a long lost music folder. Played a couple songs and these lines hit me, maybe because it's a haunting truth? The song is entitled, Fallen by Sarah McLachlan ☺

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Yeah, it's really haunting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. go go go Mac-mac! Sabayan mo ako sa LSS ☺

      Delete
  3. Sarah McLachlan... sounds familiar. S'ya ba yung kumanta ng "Leaving On A Jet Plane"? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm... ibang singer ata yun, Elmer ☺

      Delete
  4. Her songs are good. Try listening to 'Answer' or even her song from the movie Charlotte's Web.

    ReplyDelete