Friday, March 2, 2012

Jeepney Love Story


Surely this one is a very common scene especially to those who commute. Have you ever encountered seeing a person of interest when you are ridding a jeepney? As a friend would put it, a "quick crush". Some would put it as "eye-candy".



Last day, I was processing some papers and it took me all day. As I was ready to end my day and head back home and was actually wishing that there would still be a jeepney as it was late, like 11 PM already.  Wish granted, there is a jeepney -the last one.  I hurried and climbed into the vehicle. Great! No one yet, expect for the guy who is really snoring at the back of the driver seat and another one on the right bench right before the steps.  I took my seat on left bench, opposite to the latter. And since, I have been a really good boy (lately that is), was given a little extra with my wish. The person directly sitting opposite me, is scorching hot.

From the look of it (or should I say, him), adding to the fact that he looks sleepy already, he's also into the call center industry. To my estimate,  probably on an APAC/EMEAn shift. He has a jacket with him, that's sitting comfortably on his lap. He was wearing loafers, a dark colored denim matching his black golf shirt with alternating white and blue horizontal stripes.  He got one arm raised and hanging on the hand rail, supporting his forehead as I have said, he was sleepy. Darn, if you can only see his bulging biceps. Pak! Talo ang biceps ko! Hahahaha.

As if on cue, people started coming and instantaneously filled the jeepney.  Making Mr. Hottie sit up straight, giving yours truly a full view of his serene face. He was sporting a clean cut do, chinky-eyed, and a bit square faced. Suplado looking but it could swear there was a ghost of smile playing on his lips. That's the most I could make out coming from the poor lights of the vehicle. I instantly looked away just when he was about to gaze at me. Then, when Manong Kundoktor was busy collecting our fare. A middle woman appeared carrying a lot of baggage and have asked if there's still an available space for her.  Since, this is the last vehicle for the night. We gladly considered sharing a space for her on our row but she really can't fit in. 

Out of the generosity of his heart (and probably his eagerness to hit his own bed), Mr. Hottie offered to swap places with the middle aged woman. To which the latter was grateful. Mr. Hottie then started to squeeze himself in, right beside me. Pak! Parang na kuryente ako bigla nung nagkadikit ang arms namin but I maintained my calm dapat kunyari parang wala lang. Darn! He's so warm!!  At ako naman sobrang nan lamig. Nyahahaha. Then when we were all set, the jeepney sauntered off.

Throughout the ride, parang gusto kung mag sing-along sa kay Adele who is currently playing on my phone kahit magmukha akong sira kasi naka-headset ako.  Just when we were past halfway on our route home-bound.  I can feel much weight to my left. Si Mr. Hottie pala, tulog, nakasandal sa'kin. Tapos yung head nya nakapatong na sa balikat ko. Sheet! He smelled awesome! Even up to now, I'm still figuring out what perfume he was using.  HayzzZ, from that time on, I was ready to tell the driver: "Manong Driver, bagalan lang po natin ha. Di po ako kami nagmamadali".  Pero baka may mag react na kung anong alipores, kaya nag telepathy na lang ako kay Manong Driver. Though I think, he did not get it. Low bat ata and he picked up more speed instead.

And as every trip has it's ending. We have reached our destination.  Parang trip ko pa sanang di gisingin si Mr. Hottie kaso na gising na sya.  When he realized we has leaning and sleeping on me the entire time.  He said, "Sorry" and beamed a smile. I (being a good citizen of the world) replied, "It's okay.  I understand."  He nodded. Then I went off the vehicle and took my tricycle ride. Him, gone into the shadows after getting off as well.  And when I passed through our front door, I have just realized that I was so caught up on that moment that I forgot to ask his name. TOINKZ ☺

This incident reminded me of Yeng Constantino's song:


11 comments:

  1. masasabi ko bang sayang?hmmm, wag na lang..at least nagdampi ang inyong mga balat.sapat na yun para maalala siya ng habambuhay..habambuhay?! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ayt di enough yung dampi-dampi sakin, I want more! I demand to have more! LOLz The one that got away nga siguro... ☺

      Delete
  2. Yun lang! Dapat kinuha mo cp number hehehe. Ako basta gwapo ang guy, okay na okay sumandal s'ya sa balikat ko. Pwede nga s'ya matulog sa lap ko eh... basta lang gwapo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nyahahaha sumasandal rin ako pag may sumasandal sakin nyahahaha bigayan lang ang trip ☺

      Delete
  3. ang harot harot ng post na ito... lolz. first time kong narinig ang kantang ito kanina, tapos nakita ko ito.

    enjoy ang biyahe pag may gwapong katabi. pak na pak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kulet ng kanta nu? nyahaha pero mas makulet ata ako ☺

      Delete
  4. hahaha nag enjoy ako, parang kinilig din ako.. sana mag meet kayo uli... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha nag enjoy ako, parang kinilig din ako.. sana mag meet kayo uli... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. possible... magkabarangay ata kami ☺

      Delete
  6. waaaah! jeep. jeep. beep beep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beep beep beep ang sabi ng jeep beep beep beep beep beep LOL ☺

      Delete