Sunday, September 25, 2011

If I Die Young


  Following Nicki Minaj's aftermath with Super Bass and Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger, as these two songs are being played in the office recently -and I am still figuring out what's up with that.  I was able to move over from the LSS (Last Song Syndrome) and settle with a rather more personal favorite. Yeah, I admit it.  My music taste is dependent to my mood but there is one thing I am sure of.  I can never go wrong with Country music.


  I am so happy to find another band to add to my favorite list. And what is it? It is: The Band Perry. The band is composed of Kimberly, Reid and Neil and they are all siblings!  Hence, if you have not figured it out yet, Perry is their surname.  What more surprising is that this group is using the now seldom used musical instruments like mandolin and accordion.

  I'll wrap up this post by sharing their music video entitled: If I Die Young.  This song is another personal favorite, which narrates contentment even if one has to perish at a young age.  It is a three minute and fifty seconds song but it packs a lot of realization, so go ahead, listen. 


"  A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin' ~♫♪ "




No comments:

Post a Comment