Saturday, September 17, 2011

Contagion


Contagion Movie Poster
Saturday afternoon and it was quite hot in my place so I decided to take a shower, put on some denims, shirt and a pair of sneakers and went downtown (though it was funny since when I was riding the vehicle towards downtown, it drizzled).  Anyways, it was like too late for me to go back so I carried on.  I decided to visit Bacolod Cathedral (yeah, I have been missing a lot of service) and since it was really early for the mass so I decided to light a candle and utter my silent prayer instead.  After that, I took another ride and headed to the less crowded Robinson's mall. Even though SM City was just a walking distance away, I have decided to skip it since during weekends, it felt like you are inside a can of sardines.



Or so I thought it wasn't crowded, there was an on-going event which involved a lot of kiosks which merits a lot of people walking to and fro.  I made a little stroll and then headed to the third floor and bought a ticket for the movie: Contagion


Contagion is a sci-fi - thriller which follows a swift progress of a deadly unknown virus which is transmitted via an inanimate object also known as fomite transmission. It stars Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet. Like it was really a while since I have watched another Matt Damon movie.

What I really liked about the movie is that it showcases the realities of how society reacts towards this specific kind of event.  It shows how lethal fear is and how fast it spreads.  It also touches how powerful technology and information has become specifically, blogging.

It actually affirms my sentiment that blogging goes beyond typing, bragging or posting thoughts on the web.  As it involves a sense of authority and it requires integrity and conscience.  Hence, no matter how cliched it may sound, it is correct to blog consciously

2 comments:

  1. wala ako lang... I am fond of watching movies alone, tapos maraming food kasi pag nasa loob ng sinehan di halata na matakaw ako kasi madilim nyahahaha ☺

    ReplyDelete